Skip Navigation
Home    Meet the new administrators: Sunrise Principal Bob Daugherty

Meet the new administrators: Sunrise Principal Bob Daugherty

Posted on: August 8, 2017

Welcome, Bob Daugherty, Sunrise Elementary School Principal.

I am very excited to begin my 31st year in education and my first year at Sunrise Elementary School. I have been in the GAPS system for the past 13 years, serving as assistant principal at West Albany High School for eight years and principal at Periwinkle Elementary the past five years. It is my belief that all students are learners, and I bring with me a core belief that students need an environment that is loving and caring to develop their learning. My motto is, “What’s best for kids.”

It is in my nature to be a servant leader. I believe that teachers are key to the development of our future and that their work is demanding and difficult. School support staff play a vital role in the nurturing and care to ensure our students’ safety and well-being. For these reasons, I believe my job is to support these professionals so that they are at their best for students.

I am ready to forge new relationships in the Sunrise Community, especially connecting with a new group of students! I am blessed with the commission to change lives.