Week #28 March 9th – 13th, 2020
MARCH Character Trait: SELF DISCIPLINE
* EVERY WEDNESDAY IS EARLY RELEASE @ 1:25pm*
JAN 13th-MAR 20th = Bilingual After School Program !! 3rd-5th Grade ELL students (current/past) M-W*-F @ 2:45-3:45* *Wed @ 1:45-2:45—Permission slip required
Inclement Weather = In case of closures or delays due to weather please refer to District policy @ or www.albany.k12.or.us
What’s Happening This Week:
- MAR 10th (Tues) = PTT Meeting @ 6pm *Childcare provided
- MAR 14th (Sat) = iRun for Kids *More info and Register @ https://albanypsf.org/
- MAR 19th (Thurs) = SPRING PICTURES *Optional/More info to follow
- MAR 20th (Fri) = LAST DAY of WINTER Bilingual After School Program
- MAR 23-27th = NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK! B&G Club open
UPCOMING APRIL EVENTS:
- APRIL 3rd (Fri) = NO SCHOOL – B&G Club open
- APRIL 6-17th = 2020-21 PRE-REGISTRATION ! *Form will be sent home to be returned. *1st Class to return all forms will win an ICE CREAM PARTY !
- April 9th (Thurs) = Conferences starting after school @ 2:45-6:45pm *Student Led—No appointment needed
- April 9th (Thurs) = RESOURCE FAIR during Conferences in Gym *Many Community organizations will be here with helpful information
- April 10th (Fri) = NO SCHOOL for Teacher Conferences—B&C Club Open
- April 10th (Fri) =Conferences All Day @ 7:40am-7pm *7:40-11am is Student Led (no appointment needed) 12-7pm = APPOINTMENT ONLY/No Drop-ins
- April 13th (Mon) = NO SCHOOL — B&G Club Open
- April 14th (Tues) = PTT Meeting @ 6pm
- April 15th & 29th = NO Good News Club after school on these Wednesdays
ORIGINAL SMENCILS ARE BACK!!
Come in to the office and get a few new Smencils
for $1/each! All money goes towards Sunrise.
EVERY WEDNESDAY IS EARLY RELEASE @ 1:25pm*
- NOTE: There will NO Good News Club this WED Oct. 16th after school. If you student attends Good News club they will need to be picked up or follow their regular after school plan for Wed (early release @ 1:25pm)
- We have HALLOWEEN SMENCILS for sale in the office @ $1/EA
- BOX TOPS = Make sure and send Boxtops with your students! The winning classes each month gets a prize or reward!!
- PICTURES were sent home on Thurs 10th with your students—PLEASE CHECK THEIR BACKPACKS!!
What’s Happening This Week:
- Oct. 15th (Tues) = KINDER Field Trip to Pumpkin Patch @ 8:30-10:45am *Parents must fill-out/sign & return permission slip for student to attend
- Oct. 16th (Wed) = NO Good News Club after school for today. Please let us know what your student’s after school plan will be for this day.
- Oct. 18th (Fri) = NO SCHOOL—B&G Club is open
- Oct. 21st (Mon) = Bus Evacuation Drill
- Oct. 23rd (Wed) = PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY!! You MUST return the original packet for retakes OR if your student did not get picture taken Sept 20th
- Oct. 23rd (Wed) = CONFERENCES after school— 3-7pm *more info to follow
- Oct. 24th (Thurs) = CONFERENCES: 7:40-11am; 12-4pm & 5-7pm
- Oct. 24-25th (Thurs/Fri) = NO SCHOOL — B&G Club is open
- Oct. 31st (Thurs) = Costume Serpentine Parade @ 1:45pm. Look for flyer to be sent home as it gets closer with more info.
HALLWAY BLITZ/ORANGE COUGAR SIGHTINGS WINNERS:
K-2nd = MRS. CORDER (KG)
3-5th = MRS. LOGAN (3rd)
Sept. = 478 Box Tops Total $47.80
KG—2nd GRADE: BRUNKER/KG 3rd-5th GRADE: HANSON/4th
SEPT. PRIZE = EXTRA RECESS !
PLEASE TURN in BOX TOPS to your student’s teacher or to the office – The classroom that wins each month receives a special prize or reward from our PTT !!