Welcome to the Sunrise Parent/Teacher Team (PTT) Information Page!
Parents Are Our Partners
Parent Club – Parent/Teacher Team coordinates many activities for students and our school:
Two book fairs, a BOGO and a major fund-raiser each year.
Sunrise Elementary PTT Mission Statement
As members of the Sunrise PTT, our goal is to foster a positive atmosphere for students, staff, and parents by:
· Assisting teachers with special projects and events
· Finding and executing fundraising opportunities that fund educational and recreational school activities, such as, and not limited to:
- field trips
- teachers’ classrooms needs
- school improvement projects
· Helping teachers and staff in organizing family enrichment and activity nights to cultivate a sense of community and school spirit
PTT Meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm in school library.
An interpreter will be in attendance at all meetings. Childcare is also provided.
What kinds of things does the PTT do?
- Help teachers with special projects
- Assist teachers with celebrations (parties, graduation, holiday projects)
- Plan and execute fundraising opportunities
- Fund the purchase of educational & recreational school items (fieldtrips, A.R. tests and prizes, document cameras, etc.)
- Run the Scholastic Book Fair (proceeds go to supplying books for the classrooms)
- Assists with health screenings
- Helps children and photographers during fall and spring pictures
- Plan special events and spirit days for the school
- Decorate school display cases
What are the PTT goals for this school year?
- Create a sense of community at Sunrise
- Continue to be able to fund Sunrise classroom’s fieldtrips, A.R. tests and prizes, special assemblies, etc.
- Find new and exciting ways to incorporate fundraising into the school year
- Support the “Spring Celebration” in May
- Create positive change for the school
- Encourage parent involvement in school activities
Who are the current PTT members?
- Sarah Anderson, President
- Open Postion, Vice President
- Rebecah Hix, Secretary
- Shannon Nicholson, Treasurer
- All Sunrise Parents/Guardians
- All Sunrise Staff
How do you contact the PTT if you have questions or would like to join?
Please call the school office at 541-967-4608 and leave a message, someone will call you back promptly. Our you can email the PTT or check us out on Facebook sunriseelementaryhappenings.